App-based solutions for Future Internet
Future Internet Smart Utility Services
FINESCE was the smart energy use case project of the 2nd phase of Future Internet Public Private Partnership Programme (FI-PPP) funded by the European Union within FP7.
From 2013-2015, FINESCE has contributed to the development of an open IT-infrastructure to be used to develop and offer new app-based solutions in all fields of the Future Internet related to the energy sector. The project has organized and run a series of field trials at trial sites in 7 European countries.
FINESCE has built on and extended the results of the FI-PPP FINSENY project to realise sustainable real time smart energy services.
The consortium included leading energy and ICT operators, manufacturers and service providers as well as research organisations and SMEs from all over Europe. Together, they contributed directly to strongly focused trials and business innovation.
The project featured a scale and scope ensuring the FINESCE results and has driven the FI-WARE and Future Internet success and long-term exploitation internationally.
Develco Products in FINESCE
Develco Products has provided a ZigBee interface for inverters and heat pumps.
Furthermore, Develco Products has taken part in the development tasks:
- Specification of a system to communicate from back-end to PV and meters
- Implementation of a ZigBee protocol tunnel (software)
- Adding a tunnel protocol decoder to development tool
- Testing against PV inverters and meters
- Delivering gateways and protocol tunnels for trial sites
- Participation in field test
- Dissemination and Exploitation
29 energy and ICT companies, R&D centres and universities from 13 European countries representing the big Smart Grid players as well as SMEs and young know-how had formed the strong FINESCE consortium to achieve project objectives and the projected impacts.
- Acciona Infraestructuras S.A. | Spain
- Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG | Germany
- Alstom Grid UK Limited | UK
- ASM Terni S.p.A. | Italy
- B.A.U.M. Consult GmbH | Germany
- Develco Products | Denmark
- devolo AG | Germany
- DunavNET | Serbia
- Electricity Supply Board | Ireland
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica SPA | Italy
- E.ON Sverige AB | Sweden
- Ericsson GmbH | Germany
- Grenoble Institute of Technology
- Honeywell SPOL S.R.O. | Czech Republic
- Insero Horsens | Denmark
- Insero Software A/S | Denmark
- Institute for Industrial Management at RWTH Aachen University (FIR) | Germany
- Intune Networks Ltd | Ireland
- ISMB - Instituto Superiore Mario Boella | Italy
- laSalle Research & Development | Spain
- QSC AG | Germany
- RWTH Aachen University | Germany
- SEnerCon GmbH | Germany
- SOPTIM AG | Germany
- Synelixis Lyseis Pliroforikis Automatismou & Tilepkoinonion Monoprosopie EPE | Greece
- Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. | Poland
- TW-TeamWare S.r.l. | Italy
- Waterford Institute of Technology | Ireland
- XLAB d.o.o. | Slovenia
- Yucca Studios | Portugal