Cooperative automation as the key for dynamic interactions
Arrowhead is addressing efficiency and flexibility at the global scale by means of collaborative automation for five application verticals. That means production (manufacturing, process, energy), smart buildings and infrastructures, electro-mobility, and virtual market of energy.
New dynamic interaction between energy players
Our society is facing both energy and competitiveness challenges. These challenges are tightly linked and require new dynamic interactions between energy producers and energy consumers, between machines, between systems, between people and systems, etc.
Cooperative automation is the key for these dynamic interactions and is enabled by the technology developed around the Internet of Things and Service Oriented Architectures.
The objective of the Arrowhead project is to address the technical and applicative challenges associated to cooperative automation:
- Provide a technical framework adapted in terms of functions and performances
- Propose solutions for integration with legacy systems
- Implement and evaluate the cooperative automation through real experimentations in applicative domains: electro-mobility, smart buildings, infrastructures and smart cities, industrial production, energy production and energy virtual market
- Point out the accessible innovations thanks to new services
- Lead the way to further standardization work
The strategy adopted in the project has four major dimensions:
- An innovation strategy based on business and technology gap analysis paired with a market implementation strategy based on end users priorities and long term technology strategies
- Application pilots where technology demonstrations in real working environments will be made
- A technology framework enabling collaborative automation and closing innovation critical technology gaps
- An innovation coordination methodology for complex innovation “orchestration”
The Arrowhead project has started March 1st 2013 and has a duration of four years.
Develco Products in ARROWHEAD
Develco Products helps in development of software's functionality. The goal is to enable all communication protocols (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Wireless M-bus, etc.) to communicate wirelessly to each other.
Moreover, Develco Products develops integration between demand response and heat pumps.
- Luleå tekniska universitet
- 3E N. V.
- Aalborg Universitet
- Aktiebolaget Elektronik-Konstruktion Innovation (Abelko)
- ACCIONA Infraestructuras S.A.
- Airbus Operations SAS
- Akhela srl
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- AVL List GmbH
- BITRON SPA
- BNearIT AB
- Boliden Mineral AB
- C2 SmartLight OY
- CAMPUS 02 University of Applied Science Graz
- Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA)
- Centro Ricerche Fiat scpa
- Ceske Vysoke Uceni Technicke v Praze
- CORE AS
- Develco Products A/S
- EISTEC AB
- EUROTECH SPA
- Evolaris next level GmbH
- Fagor Electronica S. Coop.
- Fluidhouse OY
- Fomento de San Sebastián
- Ford Motor Company
- Fotonic i Norden AB
- Fully Distributed Systems Ltd
- FUNDACION TECNALIA
- RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- Fundación Tekniker
- GEWISS SPA
- INSTITUT POLYTECHNIQUE DE GRENOBLE
- Honeywell spol s r.o.
- Ikerlan S. Coop
- INDRA Sistemas S.A.
- INDRA Software Labs, S.L.U.
- Infineon Technologies Austria AG
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
- Integrasys S.A.
- LKAB, Luossavaara Kirunavaara AB
- University of Warwick
- Lyse Energi A/S
- Magillem Design Services SAS
- Metso Automation OY
- Micro Dators Ltd.
- Midroc Electro AB
- Mondragon Goi Eskola Politeknikoa S. Coop
- Neogrid Technologies ApS
- NODA Intelligent Systems AB
- Nord-Tröndelag Elektrisitetsverk AS
- NXP Semiconductors France SAS
- Orona S Coop
- Outokumpu Stainless Oy
- Personal Space Technologies B.V.
- Politecnico di Torino
- Riga Technical University
- Schneider Electric industries SAS
- Seluxit APS
- Sirris HET COLLECTIEF CENTRUM VAN DE
- TECHNOLOGISCHE INDUSTRIE VZW
- Aktiebolaget SKF
- SPRINTe SAS
- Stiftelsen SINTEF
- ST Microelectronics S.r.l.
- TTY-SAATIO Tampere University of Technology
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET GRAZ
- Thales Communications & Security SA
- THT-Control OY
- ULMA Embedded Solutions
- UNINOVA Instituto de Desenvolvimento
- de Novas Tecnologias
- Universite´ Joseph Fourier Grenoble 1
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM-UNIVERSITA
- DI BOLOGNA
- University of Oulu
- Wapice Ltd
- Zense Technology
- AITIA International Inc.
- EVOPRO INNOVATION KF